Please make use of the following interactive links to benefit your Home Learning:
- Personalized learning - Students practice at their own pace, first filling in gaps in their understanding and then accelerating their learning.
- Trusted content - Created by experts, Khan Academy’s library of trusted practice and lessons covers math, science, and more. Always free for learners and teachers.
- Especially good for maths and computing for all year groups.
- This site is no longer updated and yet there's so much still available
- There is something for everyone. Information available about every subject.
- No TV licence required except for content on BBC iPlayer.
- Stay connected - Keep learning, wherever you are
- Explore online courses to continue studying, build professional skills, and connect with experts.
- Learn anything, Learn together, Learn with Experts
- Free to access 100s of courses.
- Our smart learning algorithms are proven to make you remember topics better. If you get a question wrong, we’ll show you the content again but in a different format. We’ll even do it at a time when it’s optimal for you to learn it. We’ve also hand-selected the best GIFs and memes on the internet so revision makes you laugh instead of stressed.
- The fastest growing homework & revision platform in the UK
- For those revising at GCSE or A level.
- Tons of free revision content.
- You can use OpenLearn to:
- Explore Subjects
- Study Free Courses
- Earn while you Learn
- Improve your study skills and get acquainted with student life with our expertly created courses and resources.
- Boost your employability skills and find useful resources to help you with your life outside of work.
- Learn computer programming skills - fun and free.
- "Games for tomorrows programmers"
- Creative computer programming
- You can program your own interactive stories, games, and animations — and share your creations with others.
- Scratch helps young people learn to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively — essential skills for life in the 21st century.
- All sorts of engaging educational videos.
- TED believes passionately that ideas have the power to change attitudes, lives, and ultimately, the world.
- Ted Ed's mission is to spark and celebrate the ideas of students around the world.
National Geographic Kids
- This is where you can discover some of the coolest facts from around our planet. From animals and geography to science, nature and history, there are so many amazing facts just waiting to be discovered by young explorers like you!
- Do you love exploring, learning and discovering new and exciting things? Then you need to visit this website. Just click on the link above.
- Activities and quizzes available!
- The best new way to learn a language.
- Learning with Duolingo is fun and addictive. Earn points for correct answers, race against the clock, and level up.
- Gamification poured into every lesson.
- Personalized learning
- Stay motivated with rewards
- Received immediate grading
- Improve quickly
- Learn languages for free. Web or app.
- Free exiting and creative science video-lessons
- Hands-on - lead students in the doing of science and engineering
- More Leaning - Captivate students with short videos and discussion questions.
The Kids Should See This
- There’s just so much science, nature, music, art, technology, storytelling and assorted good stuff out there that my kids (and maybe your kids) haven’t seen. It’s most likely not stuff that was made for them… But we don’t underestimate kids around here.
- History, culture-focused and other content by museums, organizations, and creators who celebrate curiosity, collaboration, creativity, critical thinking, problem-solving, kindness, and other essential themes for all ages.
- Enjoy around 10 to 15 newly-added wide range of cool educational videos every week, browse the collections, and search topics in the archives.
- It is free for everyone
- We believe that high quality educational videos should be available to everyone for free.
- The Crash Course team has produced more than 15 courses to date, and these videos accompany all students in classes ranging from the humanities to the sciences.
- Crash Course transforms the traditional textbook model by presenting information in a fast-paced format, enhancing the learning experience.
- You-Tube videos on many subjects
Crash Course Kids
- Hundreds of exiting YouTube videos, created to enhance your learning experience.
- Delving into Earth Science, Physical Science, Biology, Geography, Engineering, and Astronomy.
- More specifically, we'll look at Earth, Habitats, Space, Chemical Reactions, Engineering, and much much more.
- CREST is a scheme that inspires young people to think and behave like scientists and engineers.
- CREST helps young people become independent and reflective learners through enquiry-based project work.
- They can be run in schools, clubs or at home. With no set timetable, projects can start whenever you want, and take as long as you need.
- Subjects - Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths
- Science awards you can complete from home.
- Digital enterprise award scheme you can complete online.
- iDEA is an international programme that helps you develop digital, enterprise and employability skills for free.
- Through our series of online challenges, you can win career-enhancing badges, unlock new opportunities and, ultimately, gain industry-recognised Awards that help you stand out from the crowd.
- Learn vital skills for work and life.
Paw Print Badges
- Free challenge packs and other downloads.
- 1700+ free programme ideas and resources.
- Many activities can be completed indoors.
- Badges cost but are optional.
- From mind to design in minutes.
- Think, Create, MAKE
- Program, Simulate & Assemble
- Design with Code
- Tinkercad is a free, easy-to-use app for 3D design, electronics, and coding.
- It's used by teachers, students, and designers to imagine, design, and make anything!
- All kinds of making.
- Engage - Effectively engage students in
- Motivate - Encourage self-paced math practice in and out of school
- Differentiate - Boost learning outcomes and test scores for students with a wide range of proficiency levels and economic backgrounds
- No cost, ever!
- Every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of students in the UK and around the world.
- Listening, Gaming, Watching & Creative activities for all students.
- A lot of these can be done in a garden, or if you can get to a remote forest location!
- Whether you’re exploring your favourite wood or getting stuck into arts and crafts, our family membership is a hands-on way to help you & your family enjoy the natural world together.
- Resources for English language learning
- Choose from a wide range of resources to give your class a glimpse into other cultures and provide a base to develop international partnerships.
- With the British Council's classroom resources, you will be able to enhance the classroom experience, explore different cultures, discuss international issues and carry out joint projects. These resources are easily accessible and tailored to meet your needs.
- Through our arts, education and society programmes, we give opportunities to hundreds of millions of people worldwide each year.
- The topics covered are applicable to all age ranges
Oxford Owl for Home
- Oxford Owl is an award-winning website from Oxford University Press, created to support children’s learning both at home and at school.
- Oxford Owl was designed to make sure you’re best equipped to help all students have the smoothest journey through all their subjects possible.
- The site is full of advice and ideas to help you to help your child.
Big History Project
- Free, open, and online
- The Big History Project is a free, online social studies course for all students. Run the course over a full year or semester, or adapt it to your educational needs.
- Everything is online, so content is always available, up to date, and easy to download.
- This website will bring you many entertaining and stimulating map games to improve your geographical knowledge.
- The quizzes include questions about countries, capitals, flags, regions, bodies of water, mountains, deserts, metropolitan areas and other topics that will test and challenge your brain.
- For everyone who wants to explore and learn about the world, you've come to the right place!
Blue Peter Badges
- Earn Blue Peter Badges
- There are so many different Blue Peter badges so we've made this page to show how you could get your hands on one! Can you collect them all
- There are eight badges you can earn...
The Artful Parent
- Facebook page
- These are family activities that you can do right now with your family
- For those day you’re looking for some extra ideas and activities
- Good, free art activities
Red Ted Art
- Fun and easy crafts for everyone! Making crafting accessible to all. You will enjoy the ideas shared with you on this site!
- They are aimed to be:
- Do-able, with great results for all
- Simple materials (mostly!)
- Help build skills & confidence
- The crafts often focus on seasons and holidays, but there are many ideas for all year around!
The Imagination Tree
- There are 700 activities and ideas on this blog which is a great thing!
- Something for everyone!
- Literacy, Numeracy, Creativity, Physical, PHSE & Science
- Creative art and craft activities for the very youngest.
- Easy & exiting educational online games
- Toy Theater is an online game website for all students
- It is full of interactive art, maths & reading games
DK Find Out
- We believe in the power of discovery. That’s why we create books for everyone that explore ideas and nurture curiosity about the world we live in.
- From first words to the Big Bang, from the wonders of nature to city adventures, you will find expert knowledge, hours of fun and endless inspiration in the pages of our books.
- Activities and quizzes
- There is more than just information about EVERY SUBJECT!
- We're proud to create educational resources that can be used at each step of a child's learning journey.
- Everything we do supports the global teaching community and we're committed to transforming people's lives through education.
- This is more for printouts, and usually at a fee, but they are offering a month of free access to parents in the event of school closures.