"Leadership is the challenge to be something more than average"
Chertsey High believes in the power of student leadership, aiming to empower students, cultivate responsibility, and nurture tomorrow's leaders. The student leadership team fosters essential life skills, advocates for student voices in decision-making, and organizes events and initiatives that promote a sense of community and leadership experience. By embracing responsibility, empathy, and collaboration, our student leaders are prepared to excel academically and become ethical, compassionate leaders in the future.
Our 2023/2024 Prefects are focused on supporting the school development plan by working towards the following:
- Teaching and Learning: Student Leaders are involved in learning walks and contribute to developing an understanding of the learning environment and teaching practices from a student perspective.
- Transition Mentorship Programs: Student Leaders are developing and managing mentorship programs, working with younger ones to provide academic and emotional support.
- Student Advocacy: Representing the student body, Student Leaders voice students' concerns and suggestions to the day-to-day running of the school and advocating for changes or improvements.
- Organizing School Events: Student Leaders take charge of planning and supporting various school events, e.g. assemblies, cultural festivals, charity fundraisers and taking part in the school Open Day.
- Service Projects: Initiate and coordinate community service activities, such as Student Leader involvement in food drives with Olio, clothing/toy donations and the Chertsey Clean-Up.
- House Captains: Student Leaders help organise and encourage active participation in school life through the house events and system.
- Student Newsletter or Media Team: Student Leaders manage a newsletter, blog, or social media team to keep the student body informed about school activities and news.
- Student-Faculty Collaboration: Student Leaders facilitate communication and collaboration between students and staff, ensuring students' perspectives are considered in decision-making processes.
- Student Well-being and Mental Health: Student Leaders organise awareness campaigns and workshops to address mental health challenges and promote well-being among students.
|Click Here For Any Queries|