On occasion it may be necessary for a parent to request a planned absence such as work experience or a participating in sporting activity. These should be made by filling in the Application for Leave of Absence Form below prior to the leave date and, where possible, at least two weeks before.
All requests for absence of leave will be considered but unless there are exceptional circumstances, the absence will be unauthorised. Each request will be considered separately, and a decision made based on the reasons for each request. Requests for holidays in term time will always be unauthorised and you will be issued with a fixed penalty notice, this is following government guidance.
Please read the following guidance carefully!
- As parents, you have a legal responsibility to ensure your child’s attendance at school.
- All hospital appointments should be made out of school hours.
- Please be aware that The Education (Student Registration) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2013, which became law on 1st September 2013 states that Head Teachers may not grant any leave of absence during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances. The Headteacher is also required to determine the number of school days a child can be away from school if leave is granted.
- Please complete and submit this form if you want Chertsey High School to consider your request for your child’s leave of absence for exceptional circumstances. We will only consider your request if evidence is attached. The Attendance Team will consider the reasons for the request carefully and will notify you of the decision.
- For further information, please refer to our School Attendance Policy.