We know that the coming weeks and months are going to be very challenging for everyone. The longer this situation goes on, the harder it is going to become.
If you or your child are struggling and need further pastoral support, please reach out and use the charities and organisations that are set up to help in times of need (please see the comprehensive list below).
Alternatively, your child may choose to contact our staff wellbeing team:
|Mrs Davis||Mrs Howard|
Student Liaison Lead
|Please Email for Support||Please Email for Support|
- Webpage: http://kooth.com
- Free, safe and anonymous online support for young people.
- Counsellors available until 10pm every day
Action for Children
- Phone: 01923 361 500
- Charity supporting children, young people and their families across England.
- Charity providing support if you’ve been diagnosed with an anxiety condition.
- Phone: 03444 775 774 (Mon–Fri)
- Under 18s helpline, webchat and online support groups for people with eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia.
- Phone: 0808 801 0711 (every day)
- The Campaign Against Living Miserably is for men who are feeling low or in crisis.
- Phone: 0800 58 58 58
- Provides advice, housing and support for young people, with a helpline and webchat.
- Phone (age 16–25): 0808 800 0661
- Free 1-to-1 chat support and 24-hour helpline for children and young people in the UK.
- Phone: 0800 1111
- Confidential webchat, helpline, advice and information on drugs and substance misuse.
- Phone: 0300 123 6600 Text: 82111
- Clear information on mental health medication for young people.
- Support for young people when someone dies.
- Phone: 0808 808 1677
- Email: email@example.com
- Web-page: hopeagain.org.uk
- A specialist telephone service that gives non-judgemental support, practical advice and information to young people.
- Phone: 0800 068 4141
Hub of Hope
- A national database of mental health charities and organisations from across Britain who offer mental health advice and support.
- Provides information and advice for people with a learning disability, their families and carers.
- Phone: 0808 808 1111
- NHS confidential health advice and support for 16–25 year olds. Download the app to your phone.
- Charity offering support for sufferers of panic attacks and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Phone (ages 13–20): 0330 606 1174
- Specialising in child protection and the prevention of cruelty to children.
- Phone: 0800 1111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Support for young people with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Email: email@example.com
On My Mind
- Information for young people to make informed choices about their mental health and wellbeing.
- Help and support for young people affected by domestic violence.
- Phone: 0808 200 0247
- Professional, confidential, relationship support.
- relate.org.uk (put in your local area and give them a call)
Rethink Mental Illness
- Support and advice for people with mental health problems and their friends and families.
- Phone: 0300 500 0927 (Mon–Fri)
- Young people’s helpline, helping survivors of sexual abuse and rape.
- Phone: 0808 800 5007
- Text: 0786 002 7573
- Free 24-hour helpline. Confidential support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including suicidal feelings.
- Phone: 116 123
- Charity working for people in housing need by providing free, independent, expert housing advice.
- Support and advice for under 25s, including webchat.
- Phone: 0808 808 4994
Time to Change
- Download resources to raise awareness of mental health stigma and find out more about mental health.
- Support for victims of crime.
- Phone: 0808 168 9111
- A UK-wide project that supports children and young people who hear voices, see visions, and have other ‘unusual’ sensory experiences.
- Phone: 020 7911 0822
- 24-hour national domestic violence helpline.
- Phone: 0808 200 0247
- For information about different mental health problems.
- Information and support for all young lesbian, gay, bi and trans people.
- Phone: 0800 050 2020
- Information on youth counselling.
- Phone: 020 8772 9900
Text SHOUT to 85258